EliteProspects Wants You! Join as a Marketing & Brand Development Manager
ESMG North America is the U.S. affiliate of Everysport Media Group, a global sports media and media technology company based in Stockholm, Sweden. We operate a wide portfolio of popular sports websites and deliver proven solutions for sports content and media technology to partners in media, gaming, and professional sports.
EliteProspects is one of the most popular hockey websites in the world. With more than 740,000 players in our database and over 3 million online users per month, we are a global leader in hockey statistics and player/team/league information. Through EP Premium and EP Rinkside, we also serve top-notch content, statistics, and custom features to thousands of paying subscribers every day.
Products such as EliteProspects.com, EP Premium and EP Rinkside keep growing. In 2020, we look to release a number of new features, content and services for hockey fans, teams, clubs, and active players looking to enhance their careers. We, therefore, need to further strengthen our position in North America by hiring a sales-oriented, U.S.-based Marketing & Brand Development Manager.
EliteProspects is already a trusted and popular website, but we’re striving to be the strongest online brand in hockey.
- Identify and establish marketing partnerships to promote the EliteProspects brand in the youth/junior/pro hockey community.
- Qualify and negotiate sales/marketing partnerships with potential partners in sports media, e-sports, gaming and events.
- Help build brand recognition for EP Premium B2B and B2C products/services through content and social media.
- Assume an active role in the continuous development and expansion of the EliteProspects brand in North America.
- Help plan & sync product launches and updates with colleagues from IT, Ad Sales and Content Production in North America and Europe.
- Help promote EliteProspects through presence and event marketing at major events and happenings across North America, such as the NHL Draft, World Junior and junior/college tournaments and championships.
- Create new revenue opportunities by identifying new target groups, sales channels and launch affiliate partnerships for direct-to-market sales of B2B/B2C services.
- Establish a CRM process and sales & marketing plan for B2B clients in the active/professional hockey community.
- Relevant education and a minimum of three years of experience from marketing, sales or brand promotion within professional sports or sports media/publishing.
- We are looking for a strong communicator with social skills. A good writer and talker, but also a good listener.
- Solid track record from running or working in a primarily online sales and marketing process, B2B or B2C.
- Experience, knowledge, and a strong passion for all aspects of the game of hockey is an absolute requirement. You will live, breathe and eat hockey in this role and you will be expected to know industry terms like PDO, WAR, Cap Hit, UFA/RFA.
- Experience from promoting brands & products through content production and storytelling.
- Having an established personal network within the hockey industry is a major benefit.
ESMG North America is based in Tampa, FL – but our partners, staff and clients are all over the US and Canada.
We offer a fun and exciting position with numerous opportunities and a 24/7 focus on hockey. ESMG promotes a positive, can-do attitude and a team-oriented company culture. You will be based out of our Tampa area office, but expect recurring travel to visit clients, partners and events across the continent. As EliteProspects is a global brand, this position may also include occasional travel to our Stockholm HQ or tournaments or events overseas. In this position, you report directly to our North American president but will also collaborate with your colleagues in Ad Sales, CRM and Content Production.
For the right candidate, we offer a competitive base salary and strong commission incentives. We also offer health benefits, flexible hours and the world-famous Swedish policy of five weeks of paid vacation per year.
Interested? Do you have further questions? Send your resume, personal letter and any questions to email@example.com or call 941 210 1900.